Employee Spotlight – Pam Bailey
Meet Pam Bailey, she is a Senior Tax Associate at PHB primarily handling our individual tax returns and working with our interns. She joined the firm in January of 2020. Pam is originally from Huntsville, Alabama and moved to TN in 2003. Pam married her best friend, Greg, in January of 2017 “Star Trek style” by none other than Spock himself in Las Vegas! They have one child, Ryker Harrison Bailey who will be turning one in September! Since he started crawling, their house has been locked down like Fort Knox. Pam and Greg also have 3 fur babies named Carolina, Sofia, & Gizmo.
Pam is an avid runner and loves to run 5Ks especially if it is for a good cause. She loves football (Roll Tide!) She also enjoys going to wineries and kayaking with her girlfriends. And loves “geeking out” over Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel, Doctor Who, etc. with her hubby.
We asked Pam a few questions top get to know her even better:
- What do you like most about your job? Problem solving. Tax returns feel like a puzzle to me. They can be frustrating, but it is addictive to see all the pieces come together.
- What would people never guess you do in your role? Study. It doesn’t stop when you get your license, you have to study all the time to stay current.
- What advice would you give to new/young accountants? 2 Things: 1 – Stick with it. It’s so intimidating at first, but it does come with practice. 2 – Ask Questions. Don’t stay ignorant out of insecurity.
- What do you like to do on your days off? Hiking, Kayaking, Running, Movies, and sometimes nothing at all
- Favorite meal? Good Italian
- Least favorite Food? Mushrooms
- Motto or personal mantra? Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Tell us something about you that would surprise us. I don’t like coffee.
- What did you want to be when growing up? Military…I like the structure.
- What do you always want to try haven’t yet? Living in another country, maybe Spain.
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? Can’t buy people, but I would hire a cook. I like eating healthy foods. I just don’t like making them or cleaning up the mess.
- Where would you like to go on a dream vacation? Italy
- What phobias do you have? I am not a fan of big spiders or snakes, but I wouldn’t call it a phobia. I think of it as a healthy fear 😉